This has not been a good week for Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson. After getting arrested for domestic violence and getting cut from the Miami Dolphins, Chad Johnson continues to suffer the fallout of his domestic violence arrest. The coconut water brand Zico dropped the wide receiver from its endorsement roster, according to ESPN.com:
The ZICO brand is about supporting Naturally Powered athletes. We partnered with Chad Johnson because of our respect for what he had achieved on the playing field. However, in light of recent events involving Mr. Johnson, we have terminated our relationship. The values we espouse – through our employees, our customers, and our brand – are central to ZICO’s mission. We have taken this proactive step to demonstrate to our community just how important those values are. We thank you for your continued support.
And I just heard on the local radio station here in Houston, Tx 70 % want Ochocinco to come to the Texans and the other 30% want him to head up north to Dallas to the Cowboys.
Follow us on twitter: @2TPMBLOG